Cryolipolysis also known as “fat freezing” is a procedure that involves the non-invasive cooling of body fat to break down fat cells, resulting in a reduction of body fat without damage to other tissues. Intense freezing of the treated area causes adipocytes to progressively die off and be eliminated by the liver. A few weeks after a treatment, dead cells are being eliminated from the body while others are condensing, resulting in a gradual reduction of the unwanted fat deposits over a period of 2 to 4 months.
- An health history form will be sent to you prior to your appointment, please carefully and answer all questions truthfully.
- On your first visit our technician will make an evaluation, answer any concerns or questions, photos and measurements will be taken.
- A protective membrane will be placed on every treated area as well has the cryo-cooling handles.
- Treatment time is 50 minutes, the sensation of cold and pulling will be felt (this can be uncomfortable for some). After 15 minutes the body becomes numb and most clients rest.
- Once your 50 min is up a 2 minute massage of the treated areas will help eliminate fat cells.
DURING A TREATMENT
- Sensations of pulling, tugging, and mild pinching.
- Intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, cramping. These sensations subside as the area becomes numb. (approximately 10 minutes)
IMMEDIATELY AFTER A TREATMENT
- Redness and firmness.
- Transient blanching and/or mild bruising around the edges of the treatment area.
- Tingling, stinging and or burning sensation (can be very painful for a few minutes)
ONE TO TWO WEEKS AFTER A TREATMENT
- Redness, bruising, and swelling.
- Tenderness, cramping, and aching.
- Itching, skin sensitivity, tingling, and numbness.
- Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a treatment.
Where Does the Fat Go?
With the Cold Sculpting treatment, the targeted fat cells freeze and die. Afterward, they are naturally eliminated by the body’s metabolism.
Are the Results Permanent?
When the treated adipocytes (fat cells) disappear, they are gone permanently. As long as you maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle, your results will remain.
How Many Sessions will I need?
While you will see up to a 17-25% fat reduction in the treated area after a single treatment, the amount of treatments depends on the your desired goals and the area being treated.
Can you treat my double chin?
Yes, cryolipolysis can easily treat fat deposits visible under the chin.
Is the Treatment Painful?
Some discomfort and pain can be felt, usually right after the treatment. During the treatment many of our clients fall asleep or relax.